Detalhe da Oferta:
Velocix are looking for an experienced Linux Expert to work as part of our Engineering team.
You will work closely with Product and Engineering Scrum teams to provision all infrastructure required for development and testing, develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team, providing high value support for the Velocix internal and customer facing teams, will thrive under pressure, and will enjoy a high degree of freedom in defining the most appropriate way to meet customer needs.
The role will require in-depth Linux platform knowledge in a hybrid environment, business and relationship skills to develop the insights into customers and drive successful solutions related to infrastructure for Velocix’s video portfolio.
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 6 years of hands-on experience in Linux Servers in a virtualized environment, installation, configuration, networking, debugging, monitoring, performance tuning & optimization and other infrastructure related activities like backup & restore e
- Depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Rocky Linux, Ubuntu, etc. Especially user permissions/rights management, firewall, systemd/systemctl, ftp/file shares.
- Knowledge of protocols, such as DNS, HTTP/S, LDAP, SMTP, and SNMP
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
- Familiarity with OS upgrades, load balancing, firewalls etc. setting up proxy/reverse proxy, application server routing, load balancing (Haproxy).
- Experience with virtualization technologies and ability to build and monitor services on production servers.
- Experience in network debugging and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge of servers and switches etc.
- Exposure in working in Agile environment and Scrum process & tools.
- Hight standards of written, communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a strong DevOps (CI/CD) focus: Knowledge of setting up a continuous development pipeline (Jenkins), branching strategy and GIT Repository.
- Exposure into Openstack, AWS, Microservices and Containzeration is preferable.
Key Competencies/Responsibility areas:
- Provision the Linux environments and upgrades.
- Install, configure documents, and maintains assigned operating system(s) hardware’s amd software’s.
- Schedule and perform installations & upgrades as needed.
- Maintain assigned system security and backup / recovery procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with assigned servers, operating systems, and application software’s.
- Provide recommendations for hardware, systems software, and capacity budgeting & planning, product benchmarking on new hardware’s.
- Evaluate new and existing application software products. Recommends upgrades or new purchases.
- Real-time experience in debugging production issues, networking, monitoring, performance tuning and optimization.
- Manage and solve any issues related to virtual environments/servers, software’s and storage related issues.
- Exposure in setting up the highly available environments, cluster configurations
- Practical experience in trouble-shooting any Linux, Kernel related issues.
- Experience working with engineering teams in Agile environment to provide best-in-class platforms, optimization techniques for better performance and availability of platforms
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
We provide foundational technology and services which connect people from all around the globe – delivering reliability whilst tailoring an unforgettable, personal experience for each user. This is mirrored in the approach we take creating those foundations – our work is innovative, reliable and above all fun.
We encourage our teams to be curious and aspirational, and our mission is to provide the best service we can with a key focus on our customer’s core needs. Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you search for elegant, practical solutions to complex problems? Are you ready to join us as we build a new team of specialists to work on our leading products?
Benefits and Perks
- Progression opportunities in a growth-focused, global organisation.
- Competitive salary.
- Industry leading health insurance.
- Personal development investment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 30,000.00€ - 55,000.00€ per year
Language: English (Required)
Apply here https://www.velocix.com/velocix-careers or send your CV to ---@---
Esta oferta já não está activa